Monday, February 06, 2006

The Captain has turned off the Comment Moderation light - you are free to post comments again, with caution.

Dear Readers,

After an unplanned Internet outage (and telephone outage and cable TV outage... ahhhh, it was bliss!), I returned to find that certain people (you know who you are!) had posted comments that were on (or over) the edge of my tolerance. I will quote from the most egregious of them:

"You will jump at any chance to knock those of us who help our kids with chelation because you are terrified we are right which would confirm you as a child abuser for refusing to help your daughter and allowing her to rot in the abyss of autism."

Now, I have no problems with people disagreeing - even disagreeing emphatically (or vehemently) and I am certainly no stranger to sarcasm (yet another of my New Year's Resolutions trashed before February) and even ridicule. However, I will not tolerate abuse of innocents on this blog - and I consider dragging someone's children into the argument abuse of innocents.

If you want to call each other names (within reason - nothing they won't allow on television, which limits you very little), cast aspersions or even make fun of each other (or me), that's OK. But keep it to the people involved in the discussion!

Just to make it clear - calling children names or saying that they are going to "...rot in the abyss of autism." brings out the enraged mother bear in me. Don't do it if you don't want to get mauled.

They say that a word to the wise is sufficient. Now we get to see who's wise.

'Nuff said?

I think so.

You may resume normal commenting.


Proemtheus.

11 Comments:

Blogger Do'C said...

Well put Prometheus, period.

06 February, 2006 18:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it seems Force Sam was forced to turn on comment moderation after he became uncomfortable with a few of my comments. Nothing abusive or offensive, just a few facts he didn't want to hear.
Hands over ears lalalalalalalala

07 February, 2006 05:00  
Blogger Bronze Dog said...

You misspelled your name, Prometheus. ;)

07 February, 2006 06:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I submitted a comment on Force Sam's blog. It said,

"I think you need to be chelated until you stop seeing things only in black and white."

He didn't allow it, the last time I looked, it wasn't posted. I didn't use bad words or anything. Just that one sentence.

Are we free to move about the cabin?

07 February, 2006 12:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Semiotics;
I turned off comment moderation. I did not see that one and you may post it if you like.

07 February, 2006 13:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fore Sam. I'll think of a new comment and post it there--if I can think of a good one. I don't want to aggravate you any more than is absolutely required to make my point. Thanks for the offer.

07 February, 2006 14:24  
Blogger Prometheus said...

Bronze Dog - I sometimes misspell words - it's a failing of mine. I'm especially prone to do that when I'm upset or in a hurry.

Semiotics - you are free to move about the cabin, but please keep your seatbelt fastened when seated in case of unexpected turbulence.

Kev - I am aware of the repeat nature of this particular offense, which is probably why it affected me so.


Prometheus

10 February, 2006 09:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a bug with your rss feed. Fix, please?

13 February, 2006 03:35  
Blogger Prometheus said...

Rolf,

If I had any idea what my RSS feed was, I'd be happy to fix it.

I am just a simple molecular biologist trying to fumble my way through the blogosphere as best I can. Any help would be appreciated.

Prometheus

15 February, 2006 05:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lan' sakes alive - suddenly you RSS feed works again. Or at least, your Atom feed.

It makes it possible for my web-browser to notify me when there are updates to your blog. It's very neat.

In fact, both RSS and your blog are very neat.

05 March, 2006 13:20  
Blogger Prometheus said...

Rolf,

I'm glad that the RSS feed is working again - it's nothing that I did, believe me.

Thank you for your kind words and you commentary - they are both greatly appreciated by me.

Prometheus

07 March, 2006 21:11  

<< Home